Markham Infiniti Approved Body Shop:
Markham Road Collision Centre
24 Hour Towing Service Available Call
+1 (905) 472-3400 or +1 (416) 292-2373
ACCIDENT REPORTING RESPONSIBILITIES
In the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), motor vehicle accidents that do not require a tow truck and appear to have less than $1,000.00 total damage do not require reporting to the police. Exceptions include accidents involving injury, death, a bicycle or public vehicle or where the other driver appears impaired or is especially uncooperative or argumentative.
A police officer must attend under any of the following circumstances without exception:
- Collisions involving injury or death.
- Criminal activity involved in collision (e.g., impaired driving, stolen vehicle, assault, etc.).
- Collisions involving Federal, Provincial or Municipal vehicles (including public transit).
- Collisions involving vehicles transporting dangerous goods.
- Collisions involving a person who is uninsured or is a suspended driver.
- Collisions involving damage to private, municipal or highway property.
- Collisions involving bicycles or pedestrians.
- An involved party refuses to provide required information.When in doubt, call the police, who will attend the accident scene or advise you accordingly.If the accident occurs within the GTA and your car cannot be driven, request a tow truck driver take your car to the nearest CRC for reporting purposes. When the vehicle is released, direct him/her to tow the vehicle directly to the MARKHAM ROAD COLLISION CENTRE. You are allowed to advocate where your car be towed and serviced. There are three police operated Area Collision Reporting Centers (CRC) in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), to assist motorists in reporting motor vehicle collisions, including ‘hit and run’ which occur in the GTA. There are no fees for this service. The CRC hours are indicated below, next to each map. Bring your documentation with you to the CRC (driver’s license, ownership and insurance).